Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day and Shoes

What is up with not wanting to wear shoes?  Sharon will wear sandals but no tennis shoes or boots?  I took her to a foot doctor to check her toes(which do bend inward) and the warts/blisters on her feet.  He doesn't seem to think there is any problem?  But we went camping for 4 days and she wore open toed sandals the entire time.  Even at night when it was freezing?  She was supposed to start soccer today and wouldn't put tennis shoes on so we didn't go. However, she did make up the money lost by cleaning up the upstairs.  I'm not sure I can get a refund but I did cancel before first practice, so I am hoping.  I'm going to have to put her in sports that don't require shoes ie. gymnastics and swimming.  My poor kiddos. Everyone else starts their kids at 3 in all the activities and sports.  Mine are starting at age 10 and around there.  Today Abigail started gymnastics and is in a class with 7 yr olds and under because it's beginning!! and there are no beginning junior high classes.  She felt soooo weird.  I empathized and than told her to buckle down and learn fast and move up quick to a class with older students. I am having a very challenging week with two of my kiddos.  Sometimes it's really difficult to know what to say and when and how to say it to help them through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment