Friday, October 14, 2011

APPLESAUCE COOKIES

We cooked!  We didn't video it though.  It seems by the time I get ready to video we're out of time.  Today I just said Sharon let's make cookies.  I mentioned that at 10am this morning and we started at 5pm this evening and made the dough while the pizzas were cookin'.  We made applesauce cookies.  No sugar.  They were sweetened by honey and had raisins and nuts in them.  A perfect fall cookie!!  Sharon measured all the ingredients and even cracked the eggs "perfectly".  I always tell her what the measurements are and than show her how to find the correct measuring spoon or cup.  Tonight it was 1/2.  How many pieces do you have when you cut something in half?  She says "2".  So I show her the 1/2 on the teaspoon,"see it has a two on the bottom and 1 on the top, so that's 1/2 tsp.  How many 1/2's to make 1 tsp Sharon, was the next question? "1" she says.  OK it'll take time and repetition.  She also made the pancakes this morning.  She oiled the grill, mixed the dough, poored the cake and flipped them.  She made all of us angel shaped pancakes.  What a girl!  Now I will work on taking a picture with my web cam of the yummy cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment