Monday, October 24, 2011

Color Cut Character

I love Bob Books.  Beginner reading books.  They are short with only one short vowel sound throughout the whole book.  No plurals or silent e's in there to confuse a beginner reader.  Only problem is I can't find my set!  So Sharon is reading out of a reader set that uses plurals.  To make it harder I think I'm dealing with a possible dyslexia issue.  She picks up letters from other parts of the page and she reads the words backwards. I have to cover up the "s" at the end of the plural word and all the other words on the page.  Today's book was a little longer and she was having trouble with her "t's" and "p's".  Very frustrating for her :(.  She did do a character lesson on using night time to rest.  The mission was to color a picture and than to reconstruct it into a puzzle.  Her assignment was to read a bedtime story.  I only thought my first was strong willed and had struggling learning tendencies...my Sharon is a storm of challenges. But if she takes after her namesake she will prevail and prevail with excellence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment