Sunday, October 16, 2011

FALL FUN FOOD





This fall is beautiful!  I love the dazzling color changes.  My home sits surrounded by cottonwood, elm, mulberry, black walnut, willow and other trees that are changing in stages.  Sharon's cookies are loved by Shoshana the most.  They do have nuts and raisins in them so not for everyone.  But the fact they don't have sugar doesn't affect the taste.  Shoshana has been crocheting a purse for her BFF for about a month and has finished.  It turned out really good.  I'm very proud of her for sticking with it, even when I would take out rows that didn't quite match.  Abigail is doing a unit study on a novel and made raspberry preserves for one of the projects.  Raspberries are only $1.25 a pint at City Market right now (4 pints for the price of one) so I think we may go back tomorrow and stock up.  Abigail loved it and wants to make more.  I planted 5 raspberry bushes this summer and hope that the 3 that look healthy produce a little next year.  Thanks to Chef Sharon for sharing her blog space.  We have paper pumpkins and homemade wreaths next.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment