Tuesday, August 23, 2011

SUCCESS

I almost forgot the picture!  My father-in-law did get this one though, whew!  The cake, however, that Sharon helped decorate was taken with a camera that had no camera card (welcome to my world), so we'll stick with a pinata craft and cake craft next time :). Two days is not quite long enough to make a pinata.  Sharon and I started this pinata Friday night with two balloons. We paper mached the tops of both of them and when the first layer dried we put them together to make a round sun.  The sun rays were cut out of cardboard and papermached on the next day.  I added the candy before the glue was dry and it was difficult to dry the glue that closed the halves together.  Sunday party day one side was still wet!  I had fan and sun on it all morning.  I didn't start the crepe paper until 10:30 and finished at 12:30, just in time for a 2:00 party.  I would suggest allowing 3 days for a homemade pinata.  It took the hits.  Everyone got a hit and it broke slowly. Success for all the kids and for Sharon's and my first paper mache!

No comments:

Post a Comment